Today has been a good day for a variety of reasons, including the fact that I’ve been tagged by the fabulous Kate of Kate’s Wedding (yes the name is still incorrect in my blogroll and I will fix it – I just thought Katy Stardust’s wedding sounded so cool and David Bowie-esque). So here’s how this works:
1) you link back to the person who tagged you.
2) post these rules on your blog.
3) share six unimportant things about yourself.
4) tag six random people at the end of your entry.
5) let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs
and without further ado, here are six unimportant and random facts about me!
1) When I was 16 I thought my burgundy (with subtle sparkle) knee high combat boots were the coolest thing in the world. And I secretly still do.
2) I’ve always wanted to visit the Mayan ruins. From the ages of 4 to about 10 I was convinced I wanted to be anything ending with “ologist” when I grew up. The archaeologist phase lasted the longest and I spent many happy hours playing Mayaquest (kind of like Oregon Trail) and pretending to discover pottery shards in my backyard.
3) I cannot stand potatoes. People always get a little irate when I tell them this, especially considering I’m Irish but the mealy texture and starchy smell make me intensely nauseous. It is the only food I will not eat.
4) I have an odd penchant for Stevie Nicks. I don’t think there is another person in this world who could pull off the platform boots, teased hair, and mystical floating sleeves with such style. Drew and I always joke that we should finagle a way to have her officiate our wedding, although deep down I think this is a really excellent idea.
5) I’ve driven across the majority of the United States, and had a run-in with a badger in North Dakota in the middle of the night on Friday the 13th that resulted in the car being all but totaled. It sounds like the plot of a campy B horror movie, but it is oh so true. Still I can’t wait to go on another road trip, I absolutely love driving through Montana.
6) I firmly believe that thunder sounds different in Ohio than it does in Seattle, but I have no idea why.
And how I’m tagging…
Loaf from Tales of a Female Husband
The Wedding Fairy at Don’t Be That Bride
Kelly from Glamour This
Rhonda at Life.Love.Lipstick
Tina author of With This Ring, I Thee Obsess
Amanda at Blue Sky Bride